Senior Pastor Job Opening: COMMUNITY GOSPEL CHAPEL
Salt Spring Island, BC
Community Gospel Chapel, an evangelical, charismatic church serving the community of Salt Spring Island, BC is seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to lead this family-centered, Spirit-filled congregation in its vision to be a healing church.
“We at Community Gospel Chapel are everyday people who are growing in the Word of God and committed to being led by His Spirit to reach others with Christ’s unconditional healing love.” CGC is a member of the Apostolic Church of Pentecost of Canada (ACOP) and
is affiliated with the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada. Church size is 70-90.
The Senior Pastor is to be a person of prayer, knowledge, and study of the Word, who will support and promote the God-led vision, purpose, and principles of the Church.
The pastor will be a supportive mentor and shepherd and oversee the worship and ministries of the church. Leadership development and the ability to empower congregation members to use their God-given gifts essential.
Administrative oversight for overall church operations necessary. The senior pastor must be knowledgeable of and agree with the church’s overall emphasis on being a church for the wholeness of families.
Training and experience in inner healing and prayer are desired as well as experience in conflict resolution. The acknowledgment of the importance of and the ability to oversee family, children, and youth ministries essential.
Experience in community outreach is desired as well as the willingness to be a presence in the community.
Candidates must stand on both the Old and New Testament Scripture as being the inerrant Word of God and demonstrate strong Biblical preaching with relevance for people’s lives. The Senior Pastor must be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit in worship services and will encourage the gifts of the Holy Spirit within the congregation.
As per the constitution, the Pastor will be accountable to the church’s Board of Directors comprised of elders and deacons. They will serve on the Salt Spring ministerial group as well as participate in ACOP district meetings and activities.
The church is seeking a leader who will advance the vision of the church to make disciples by reaching out to impact the SSI community and the world with Christ’s healing love. One who is young in heart and mind, with a mature relationship with God and His word.
- Person of prayer and spiritual discipline
- Active and growing relationship with Jesus Christ that sets an example for and contributes to the growth and maturity of the body
- Agreement with CGC Statements of Faith, Vision, and Mission
- Experience in ministerial leadership who works well with staff and volunteers, fostering and building effective relationships
- Ability to teach, administer church business, and foster growth of body
- Computer literate with the ability to live stream and use social media
- Willingness to live on Salt Spring and engage in local community
- A pattern of family life that can serve as a model to others
- Formal theological training and experience from seminary or Bible school and training in and with inner healing preferred
The compensation package will consider the candidate’s education and experience. An annual salary of $50-60,000 can be expected.
Interested candidates need to respond to the CGC search committee by May 31, 2021. Please send a resume and links to two of your sermons to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates’ names will be kept confidential while being considered.