The Evangelical Fellowship of Canada has provided a number of resources to help evangelical denominations engage in the healing & reconciliation process with Indigenous peoples of Canada. ACOP is committed to the following principles:
· Recognition that Indigenous peoples are equal to all other peoples while recognizing the right of all people to be different, to consider themselves different, and to be respected as such in matters of language, culture, and religious expression.
· Affirmation that all peoples contribute to the diversity and richness of civilizations and cultures, which constitute the common heritage of humankind.
· Reaffirmation that Indigenous peoples should be free from discrimination of any kind.
· Recognition of the historic injustices faced by Indigenous peoples as a result of colonization and the dispossession of their lands, territories, and resources.
· Affirmation of the right of Indigenous families and communities to retain responsibility for the upbringing, training, education, and well-being of their children, consistent with the rights of the child.
Please find these important resources below:
Note: to view these documents in a larger format, without downloading, please click the name of the document (below the file box you see here). This will open the document to its full size. From there you may use the -/+ buttons to adjust the size for readability.